Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Gran Torino was mediocre at best.

My bad for not updating my blog for so long, but quite honest, I've been pretty damn lazy LOL. I just saw this movie called "Gran Torino". That movie could have been so much better if the acting wasn't that painful to watch or listen. It was pretty brutal in terms of thinking how some of these damn gooks even got a part in this movie. I honestly felt like it was watching one of those cheap chinese church skits that can't act but towards the end it has a meaning to it, instead of having someone to read a verse from a bible, you have to listen to Clint Eastwood sing at the end credits. Seriously, who heck would wanna hear him sing? I can understand people complaining about Christian Bale's batman voice but how can you not complain about a guy that sounds like batman and sings? He literally sounds like he's coughing out blood all over ktv and some asian person has to clean up after each song he finishes, no joke man. I had to at least watch American Idol that can cancel out the noise.

Overall, I thought it was pretty okay but definitely overrated. It is still watchable but I think Clint Eastwood needs to stop finding these horrible actors. I wouldn't be surprised if he found those ghetto gook actors from the same neighborhood as the movie was in. Anyway I hope I can update more but I just needed to vent how bad the acting was in that movie because it could have been a 8.5/10 but it drops to like 7.0/10 for me. Plus there was an asian girl hitting on another white dude, that's another no no from me.

3 comments:

  1. i haven't done any research, but i'm guessing he wanted to be genuine and cast real Hmong people. Seeing as though there aren't too many in the US who can speak english, that is why the acting quality went into the basement. i'm with you on that, it was hard to watch in that regard.

    btw, your first paragraph made me LOL, great job as always mike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha those were not professional actors, in fact your exactly right, they were just local people!

    But thats the whole purpose of the movie! amature acting and all, it still got a meaning across! It was a low budget film... good movies dont always need special effects like LOTR or Batman... in fact, would LOTR or Batman even be a "good" movie if it wasnt for the SFX?!

    The movie is overrated because your watcing it now!... it WAS an underrated movie when no one knew much about it.

    I like that clint eastwood song but your line had me ROFL...
    "He literally sounds like he's coughing out blood all over ktv and some asian person has to clean up after each song he finishes" hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. i enjoyed the movie. as for him singing at the credits, i'm pretty surprised you even watched the credits. because me watching the credits is essentially losing 10 minutes of my life that i'm not getting back. and for those of you who say there's a secret at the end. check out: www.youtube.com

    ReplyDelete