Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fact: College is the most overrated piece of crap...

After these past couple of years of I've been thinking to myself, I should have been a college drop out. It would totally make sense because I probably would be just as successful back then as I am now, especially how the economy is so much better back then. The only reason why I have to do stupid college is because I have to make my parents proud, make people think positive of you, networking (in which I don't even contact any of my school friends because they're pretty much under a rock) and oh yeah, impress chicks LOL. However, I am becoming to think it's an overpriced business gimmick to represent symbolism of some type of school you go to. Seriously who the hell cares what school you go to? Like any Suny, Cuny, some unknown private school or a community college. It doesn’t matter because they're really all the same. You're pretty much wasting thousands of dollars unless you go to a school like Harvard. Job's would definitely care what school you go to especially if it's an ivy league or sometimes not. They also don't even look at your diploma either. I had a handful of job interviews that looked at my resume and none of the job interviews asked for proof that I graduated from Stony Brook. In fact my diploma is still sealed in some cardboard envelope in which my school mailed me in and I still have not even opened it. I should be framing or laminating it but screw that, I am not going to spend money on a retarded frame in this terrible economy.

Other than that, I am just annoyed because I hate it when people say they go to college just to learn and crap like that, ok that’s fine, but is spending thousands of dollars on learning really worth it? Hell no! I've already forgot like 80% of what I've learned and even if I do remember some of this stuff, I am pretty sure I am not going to use it in this outside world. People pretty much only care about your logic and street smart these days. Society would also say studying and crap makes you become a lot smarter or even more responsible to become a hard worker. I still think that's such crap because everyone has a choice to do things. It also doesn't make you smarter; it's really your parents fault in terms of genetics.

Anyway, I think I am done ranting, but I just want to say whoever dropped out of college or just only have their associates and became successful through connections or you're just super socially gifted that some buddy of yours hooked you to get you a six figure job, congratulations! I just hope you make your kids proud of you that your ass dropped out. Also, that you didn't meet your wife at some college but instead you met her at some ditch or at a bar.

1 comment: